Northern Region Warcamp with EK Equestrian and Thrown Weapons Championships
Hosted by Shire of Glenn Linn - Greenwich, NY
Event date: July 1st, 2022 - July 3rd, 2022
Event Last Modified: June 28th, 2022
It is with great honor that we will host competitions to choose our East Kingdom champions of thrown weapons and Equestrian. We also invite the entire Eastern Army to join us as we sharpen the great claws of the Eastern Tiger. Heavy List, Fencers, Archers, and Thrown Weapons, for adults and children alike.
This is also the perfect opportunity to gather with old friends, make new friends, and celebrate the new arrival of summer. Opportunities abound for telling stories, sharing a meal with friends, watch equestrian activities, or perhaps take a class or two.
So, come one and all for an exciting weekend to learn and practice all our arts, including the art of war!
Please have your legal ID and Covid paperwork ready to present before entering gate.
Friday gate opens 2-midnight
Saturday gate 8a-4pm
Sunday gate 8a-12n
Tentative schedule of activities:
Thrown weapons practice area open 4-7
Fencing: set up, authorizations, inspections 2-8
Torchlight HW Tourney 9-11
Court 10am in the equestrian arena
TW: open practice and qualification rounds 10-4:30
Equestrian: Practice and authorizations 9-10am, King's weapons course 10-12noon,
Archery: Practice, royal rounds, novelty shoots, and other cool stuff 10-4:30
Youth Fencing class - 9-10am
Fencing 9-10 inspection and authorizations, 10-5 challenges, scenarios, War practice, evening pick ups
Armored combat: 9-10 inspections and authorization, 10-4:30 war practice
Youth combat 10-4
Equestrian: Practice and warm up 4-5 pm, Queen's Horsemanship course 5-7
Court to start 1/2 hour after Equestrian Tournaments are completed.
Performance space/bardic circles open from 1/2 hour after court until asleep.
Fencing: 9-12 pick ups
Thrown Weapons Sovereign and Consort championship:10-2.
Court to commence 1/2 hour after tournament is complete
1. Dogs on leash are OK. Bring proof of Rabies vaccination Please keep your dogs on leash. Retractable leashes should not allow your pet to cross into common walkways. Roaming or unleashed dogs will be sent home with their humans. Please pick up after your dog for the health and safety of all.
2. Horses require proof of negative Coggins test and rabies vaccination. Health certificate is needed for interstate travel
3. No digging for any reason. no trenches, no firepits. Raised firepits are OK. Firewood can be purchased at Stewarts or other nearby farmstands or stores but cannot be brought in from more than 50 miles away
4. ABSOLUTELY no fireworks are allowed on site. It spooks the horses and dogs and is a fire hazard.
5. No unaccompanied minor under the age of 12 will be allowed to participate in any marshaled activity (youth fencing, youth fighting, archery, thrown weapons). The marshals are not a babysitting service.
6. A wristband system will be in use to confirm that the covid check has been made. You must check in at gate and wear your wristband to re-enter site, and be inspected at marshal areas
7. Fighters and fencers MUST show their auth cards prior to being inspected.
8. As there are horses on site, you must sign the equestrian waiver in addition to the covid attestation, and non-members waivers. Be patient with our gate personnel.
9. Do not dig a sump or throw your dish water just anywhere. Please dump all gray water at the designated gray water spot.
10. Yes there are showers
Site Opens: 2pm Friday
Site Closes: 6pm Sunday
Washington County Fairgrounds
392 Old Schuylerville Rd
Greenwich, NY 12834
The event site is accessible per the East Kingdom Accessibility Porter's Checklist.
Take your best route to I-87.
FROM THE NORTH, take exit 15 (NY-50) toward Schuylerville/Saratoga Springs. At the end of the ramp turn left onto NY-50/NY-29. In 0.3 mi, bear right onto Loudon Rd. Continue 0.2 mi then turn right onto Weibel Rd. Drive 0.9 mi then turn left onto Lake Ave (NY-29). Drive 8.6 mi, turn right on Broadway, then in 0.3 mi turn left onto Ferry St. In 2 miles Fairgrounds will be on your left. Turn left at the end of the fairgrounds onto Old Schuylerville Rd. Take the 2nd left, marked Gate C, to troll in.
FROM THE SOUTH, take exit 14 (NY 9P) toward Saratoga Springs/Schuylerville/NY-29. Merge right onto NY-9P/Union Ave toward Saratoga Springs/Schuylerville and go approx. 0.5 miles. Turn right onto Henning Rd and drive 0.8 mi. Turn right onto Lake St (NY-29). Drive approx. 9 miles, turn right on Broadway, then in 0.3 mi turn left onto Ferry St. In 2 miles Fairgrounds will be on your left. Turn left at end of fairgrounds onto Old Schuylerville Rd. Take the 2nd left,
Pre-registration up to 6/27/22 as follows
for Mail in pre-reg, in US funds, please include proof of membership. Contact tracing info is no longer required
Adult (18 +)
WEEKEND $35 - with member discount 30
DAY $20 - with member discount $15
Youth (10-17) WEEKEND $15, DAY $10
Children (0-9) $0
FEES AT GATE
WEEKEND $40 with member discount $35
Day $25 with member discount $20
Youth and children same as for pre-registration
Family cap - weekend $80
Family cap - day $50
Canadian friends can pre-register via e-mail and pay in US funds at gate.
There is no feast. Plastic cups will NOT distributed but water will be available in all activity areas. Please bring your own cup.
Make Checks Payable to: SCA inc - NY Shire of Glenn linn
Send Reservations to:
Anna Eliisabetta Devallardolid
MKA Sheena Johnson
1571 Division Street
West Charlton, NY 12010
Other Contact Information:
Merchants must pre-register with the merchant coordinator
coordinator: unlord Hrotger the Goth
MKA Sean Tronsu 518-587-1362
A&S classes will be offered Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 10-2. please contact
Lord Balthazar Meinhardt
MKA Shane Johnson: email@example.com