Academy of St. Clare V: Itchin’ To Get Stitchin’
Hosted by Kingdom of Æthelmarc - Millmont, PA
Event date: April 8th, 2022 - April 10th, 2022
Event Last Modified: August 19th, 2021
Because of you, we have enjoyed five years of sharing, five years of learning, and most importantly, five years of an ever-growing community of stitchers!
Whether this is your first time putting needle to thread or you're an embroidery veteran, if you’ve been waiting for the know-how or the motivation, or if you are already Itchin’ to Get Stitchin’, this weekend event devoted to the art of the needle will enable and inspire you!
The Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlais hopes you will join us as we FINALLY celebrate our milestone FIFTH anniversary!
WHAT: The Academy of St. Clare features:
• Small, specialized classes on single topics. These classes are usually one hour in length and are taught by embroiderers for embroiderers. They require no special sign-up before the event.
• Long, detailed Kit Classes on beloved styles. NOTE: Kit Classes have limited spaces and require sign-up and payment in advance. (For more information, please visit the event website.)
• Time to spend with fellow embroiderers, relishing the relaxed atmosphere with others who share your passion for stitching.
Site Opens: 5 PM, Friday, April 8
Site Closes: noon, Sunday, April 10
Boy Scout Camp Karoondinha
225 Thomas Dam Road,
Millmont, PA 17845-9448
Guests coming from the east or west will probably travel on Route 80 to Route 15 to Route 45 to Route 235. Guests coming from the north will probably travel on Route 15.
From the West, East and North: Find your best route to Route I-80. Take Exit 210 A, Route 15 South, to Lewisburg. Stay on Route 15 S for about 7 miles; you will come to the intersection of Routes 15 and 45 at a light. Turn right onto Route 45 West. Continue at the * below.
From the South: Find your best route to Route 15 North. In Lewisburg, you will come to the intersection of Routes 15 and 45 at a light. Turn left onto Route 45 West. Continue at the * below.
(*) Proceed west on Route 45 West for about 17 miles, passing through the towns of Mifflinburg and Hartleton (follow speed limits here). At the intersection of Route 235 South, turn left.
From this turn, follow signs for 235 South for approximately 3 miles through Laurelton (last chance for food, gas, and ATM) and Glen Iron. The road makes several 90-degree turns; just before the last one, you will pass the West End Fire Company on your left.
Turn right onto Creek Road at the 4-way intersection past this last 90-degree turn. Penns Creek should be on your left. Stay on this road for approximately three miles; you will pass a large 3 story stone house with three arches, on your right, at this point you are about one mile from the Camp.
Just before you cross the bridge over Penns Creek, Penns Creek Campground will be on your right. Cross the bridge and turn right at the sign for Thomas Dam Road/Boy Scout Camp.
Camp Karoondinha is on the left. From the road, all you'll see is the parking area and the gate. As you go up the hill, look for the Troll sign. The Dining Hall is the large stone building with 3 flagpoles in front. To get to the Edna Sheary Lodge, continue up the hill past the Dining Hall. Sheary Lodge is located in the wooded area just past the large field on the right.
Parking spaces in front of both buildings will be reserved for those with mobility concerns.
Drivers are asked to use their flashers and to travel at the posted 10 miles per hour.
1) Registration includes 2 nights’ lodging plus 4 meals (Saturday breakfast through Sunday breakfast)
• Adult Event Registration: $55.00
• Adult Member Discount Event Registration: $50.00. Please include copy of current SCA membership card.
2) Include the following with your registration:
• SCA name
• modern name
• email address
• food allergies (if applicable)
• mobility concerns (if applicable)
• bunk space required for 2 nights / 1 night (specify Friday or Saturday) / 0 nights
• Are you interested in attending an afternoon “kit” class? YES / NO
NOTE: The event is limited to 80 attendees. Additional registrants will be added to a waiting list. If we have cancellations, open slots will be offered to gentles on the waiting list in the order in which they were received. Please email the autocrat, Mistress Alicia Langland (mka Della Hutchison, firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE mailing your registration.
Meals are included in the registration fees.
Make Checks Payable to: SCA PA Inc. — Shire of ACG
Mistress Alicia Langland
Send Reservations to:
Maistresse Marguerite d’Honfleur, c/o Dawn Maneval, 922 College Court, Lewisburg PA 17837