Bergental Virtual Campfire Bardic Champion Event
Hosted by Barony of Bergental - Any, NY, MA
Event date: August 1st, 2020
Event Last Modified: July 25th, 2020
Greetings unto the great populace of the East!
As we miss our friends, campfires, and gatherings, it is our intention to have a virtual event to alleviate our situation. To that end the Baron of Bergental and his Bardic Champion, Sir Tomaz, are pleased to invite any and all that would compete for a chance to stand as the next Baronial Bardic Champion. The plan is that Zoom will open at 1 PM and at 1:30 PM we will start competition.
Format and Rules are as follows:
- Anyone is welcome to compete for the title of champion provided:
- You are willing to represent the barony in the discipline that you have become champion in.
- You are willing to encourage others to try to participate in this discipline, especially newcomers.
- You are willing to participate in kingdom events in your discipline as a champion of the barony.
- All competitors should come prepared with 3 pieces. This includes one original piece of any format (song, story, poem, boast) written in praise of the previous baronesses (as a whole) of Bergental. These pieces can be pre-recorded and uploaded to a google drive posted in the performer form. We ask that these files be named XXX_YYY where xxx is your SCAdian name and yyy title of the song.
- This will be a 2 round competition.
- 1st Round - a poll of the audience on Zoom as to which choice the competitor will perform. Huzzah for audience participation!
- Bergental Baroness praise piece.
- Piece of the performer's choice.
- The Baron chooses!
- 2nd Round - Top 3
- Whichever piece (praise piece or artist's choice) was not performed in the first round.
Audience participation: To be respectful of the performers everyone who enters the Zoom room will be defaulted to a muted setting. We will unmute all at the end of each performance for applause and encouragement. Feel free to use the reactions in the chat window, leave a comment in the chat, or use the ASL sign for applause as non verbal cheer options.
There is a high probability that the performance portions of the event will be recorded for the artists and for posterity. There will be a notification and disclaimer prior to room entry if this is the case.
Site Opens: 1:00 PM EST
Site Closes: 4:00 PM EST
Any, NY, MA 01571
Zoom Meeting details will be posted 24 hours prior to the Event. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Not Applicable - See Reservations Sent To section below for details.
Make Checks Payable to: Not Applicable
Perronnelle de Croy
774.563.0019 (please no calls after 8 PM)
Send Reservations to:
To access the event please fill out the form - https://forms.gle/BZECqNf7HG7h72Xs8
(Zoom details will be provided at the end)
Performers please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/c6CB7iorsVK31bNF7
(Please note that the form will close 24 hours prior to the event start time - 1 pm on Friday, July 31st. Zoom details will be provided at the end)