At the Sign of the Knot and the Lion
Hosted by Barony of Bhakail - Philadelphia, PA
Event date: January 25th, 2020
Event Last Modified: January 7th, 2020
☆☆☆☆☆ A Bardic Competition, in Three Parts ☆☆☆☆☆
Throughout the Eastern realms, our beloved Barony of Bhakail is known for fiery passion, an excellent sense of style and taste (both in humor and in alcohol), and the genuine hospitality of its people.
As the reigning Bardic Champion, I, Pani Iriniia Mieszkowna, Challenge you, the contenders for my title, to prove to our much loved Baron that you can take my place! Show him that you have fire in your veins, compassion in your heart, and a good sense of the things that make our people so jovial and loved.
And remember: Own your presence! Play it up! Engage your crowd! Feel the music! And above all else, HAVE FUN.
☆☆☆ Notes for the Challengers ☆☆☆
• Each Challenger is to prepare a selection for *each* of the three Challenges.
• Each Challenger will need to present themselves to Pani Iriniia before noon on the day of the Event, to formally declare their intent.
• At least one of a Challenger's selections should be able to be documented as a period accurate piece or style. (Filking is period!) Documentation is not required, but would be wonderful to have.
• Please include a short introduction for each of your selections, to let the judges know what you will be doing, in what format (instrumental/vocal/storytelling/etc), and what inspired you to choose this piece.
• As a courtesy to your fellow competitors, please be mindful of the length of your performance. (Less than 5 to 7 minutes, including introduction.)
The Sign of the Knot and the Lion is a family friendly environment. Please keep your selections for the Competition appropriately within the realms of PG-13.
☆ Finally, the Challenges! ☆
⦁ ▪︎ "A laughing Baron is a happy Baron!" Bring shenanigans and laughter to the Tavern, with a piece that is silly, playful, or mischievous, and will keep us grinning into our mugs for days!
⦁ ▪︎ "Emotion is Good for You!" Engage the room and our senses with a heartfelt piece that displays true emotion. (WHICH emotion is up to the performer.)
⦁ ▪︎ "Kindle our Flames." Light a fire worthy of the Salamander within, with a passionate selection that stirs our blood and makes us hunger for more. (Subject matter is at the performer's discretion.)
Menu for Dayboard (Some changes may occur):
Vegetables (fresh and pickled)
Additional Items not yet decided on by our chef
Any allergies/concerns should be sent to: email@example.com
Note: There will not be any Western Region/Principality meeting at this event, but a signup sheet will be provided to any who want to participate in that discussion online.
Site Opens: 10 am
Site Closes: 10 pm
German American Society
611 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Prereg: $20 ($15 with Member Discount)
At-Door: $25 ($20 with Member Discount)
Youth (6-17): $10
A PayPal invoice will be generated within 24 hours of the online preregistration information being submitted. Online preregistration is not complete until the PayPal invoice has been paid.
All day Dayboard is included in site fee.
Pre-Reg Deadline: January 15, 2020
Make Checks Payable to: SCA PA Inc, - Barony of Bhakail
mka Erin G Miller
Send Reservations to:
6300 Drexel Road
Philadelphia, PA 19151