Crown Tournament of Ivan & Matilde
Hosted by Barony of Bergental - Feeding Hills, MA
Event date: November 4th, 2017
Event Last Modified: October 13th, 2017
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY
9:00 am - 2:00 pm Gate Opens
9:00 am - 11:00 pm Combatant & Consort Gate & Tourney Check-in
10:30 am Processional Muster (Combatants & Consorts) on the list field (so procession
can begin PROMPTLY at 11 am)
** Their Majesties request all Combatants and Consorts mind their
schedules and BE ON TIME, so everything will run smoothly.
11 am Procession followed by a brief Court of their Majesties Ivan & Matilde
11:30 am - 4:00 pm Silent Auction
* for joint benefit of EK Royal Travel Fund & Bergental Baronial Regalia Fund
12 pm Tournament Begins
12 pm Dayboard Opens
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Athena's Thimble Meeting
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm A&S Consultations
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Arachne's Web Meeting (or directly following Athena's Thimble)
Royal Court Following Culmination of Tournament
COMBATANTS & CONSORTS:
It is EMPHATICALLY and STRENUOUSLY preferred that you pre-register for this event, including in your pre-registration that you are a Combatant or Consort. (This will help us make gate/troll easier and more expeditious for you!)
* Their Majesties request all combatants provide heraldic shields for the list trees
* Please be prepared to check in with an MOL for Tournament Sign in when you
present to your expedited Gate lane (think of it as a one stop shop, gate and
tourney check-in at one convenient location)
HERALDIC BANNER CHALLENGE:
We would like to challenge all combatants, consorts, households, populace of the east and attendee's to create and bring with you banners of your heraldic arms to display. Additional banners will be displayed around the perimeter of the viewing area to create a festive, majestic atmosphere.
* Please limit the dimensions of the banners to 3 Ft by 3 Ft.
This festive event will include a dayboard beginning at noon and continuing until 3:30 p.m., provided by Boyar Aleksei Dmitriev.
* this will include "boxed lunches" for combatants and consorts, so they may
remain nourished and focused on the chivalry, courtesy, and honor of fighting for
the right to bear the crown of the East.
* If you have any allergies, or questions regarding food, please contact Boyar
Aleksei at email@example.com
We will be holding a silent auction for the joint benefit of the Royal Travel Fund and The Bergental Baronial Regalia Fund. Proceeds of the silent auction will be split evenly between the two causes.
If you are interested in donating items for the auction, or have any questions
regarding the auction, please contact Baroness Fiona Shiohban.
ARTS & SCIENCES
* A&S Consultation will be available to the populous from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
* Athena's Thimble will hold a meeting/panel for approximately and hour, beginning 30 minutes after the tournament begins
* Arachne's Web will be holding a guild meeting at approximately 2 p.m. (in the event that Athena's Thimble is not done at that time, Arachne's web will meet directly after the conclusion of Athena's Thimble)
will be coordinated by Madame Peronnelle de Croy
If you have questions or would like to offer assistance with
children's activities, you may contact Madame Peronnelle at
- This site features a bar where alcohol may be purchased. NO outside alcohol is permitted on site for consumption or gifts.
** The bar in the outdoor pavilion will be open from noon - 5 p.m.
- Animals: This site ONLY permits service animals.
Site Opens: 9:00 a.m.
Site Closes: 9:00 p.m.
Adults: $20 ($15 with proof of Membership)
6 & under: Free
Family Cap: $50 (not including membership discount)
$ 60 family cap if multiple non-member adults in the
$ 55 family cap if 1 non-member adult in the party ; and
$ 50 if all adults in the party are members.
A 3 and a half hour dayboard is included as part of the event fee.
There will not be a Feast at this event.
Make Checks Payable to: SCA Inc., MA Barony of Bergental
Send Reservations to:
Mistress Siubhan Wallace
C/O Judi Tazelaar
642 West Street
Brookfield, VT 05036
For questions and concerns regarding pre-registration, you can contact Mistress Siubhan Wallace at
Reservations MUST be Post-Marked on or before October 21, 2017, unless otherwise coordinated with Mistress Siubhan.
Other Contact Information:
Baron Cedric of Armorica
MKA: David Valenze
* please contact Baron Cedric with questions regarding
Pavilion locations and set up upon arrival at the event
(including Vigil space if needed/desired)
Baroness Tasha Medvedeva
MKA: Diane Dooley
Please provide information regarding dimensions required for your booth/pavilion, as there is no indoor space available for merchants.
For folks interested in overnight accommodations, a block of rooms has been reserved for Nov 3-5, 2017 at:
Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield
20 Phoenix Avenue
Enfield, Connecticut 06082
Tel: (860) 741-3111
Fax: (860) 741-3444
The rate is $132.35 per night including taxes and fees.
You can book your stay directly over the phone (making sure to ask for the SCA rate), or at the URL provided below.
**This rate is only available until October 3, 2017**
There are several hotels and restaurants located in the neighboring city of West Springfield, MA if anyone is looking to shop around for different rates and amenities.