The Feast of St. Nicholas in Queen Elizabeth's Court
Hosted by Barony of Concordia of the Snows - Schenectady, NY
Event date: December 10th, 2016
Event Last Modified: December 6th, 2016
And cups o’erflow with wine,
Let well-turned words amaze
With harmony divine.
Now yellow waxen lights
Shall wait on honey love
While youthful revels, masques, and courtly sights
Sleep’s leaden spells remove.
– Thomas Campion
Jean Paul and Lylie, Baron and Baroness of Concordia of the Snows by the hands of Their Majesties of the East: To all the most loving, faithful, and joyous citizens of the Known World, greetings.
We do invite all forthright and honorable citizens of the Known World to join us in celebrating the Feast of St. Nicholas in Queen Elizabeth's Court on the tenth day of December in year of our lord 1560. Our celebration will include a grand feast complete with diverse entertainments throughout the day including music, dancing, a masque, various games of chance, and more. Revelers are encouraged to dress in a manner befitting the fashions of our time. The courtesy of a formal response is requested, such that our cook may prepare appropriately.
Jean Paul, Baron Lylie, Baroness
“Marry, sir, ’tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers. Therefore he that cannot lick his fingers goes not with me.”
As Our Baron and Baroness have stated, the Barony of Concordia of the Snows invites you to join us for an immersive Elizabethan feast. Attendees are strongly encouraged to dress in a manner appropriate to the mid-1500s (1560). We welcome ambassadors from all corners of the world.
There will be three different feasting options:
- Above the Salt: This is our most grand feast, with all of the bells and whistles (limit of 20 seats)
- Below the Salt: This is a more affordable take on our Above the Salt feast (limit of 60 seats)
- Server Feast: For those volunteering to help serve for the event, there will be a delicious lunch and dinner.
Pre-registration is strongly recommended. There will be additional off-board seating available for those who prefer to bring their own food. For questions regarding the feast, please contact our Head Cook, Joel of Vestfell.
As this is an immersion event, we are looking for partners to help us make this as authentically Elizabethan as possible. This may include lending appropriate tables, pottery, or other goods to help us get the right ambiance. If you are interested in owning Elizabethan goods, you can also offer to be a sponsor. We would arrange to have things made as needed. You would offset the cost of the materials, and take home whatever you sponsor after the event. Lastly, we will be holding a fundraiser as a part of the event to help offset our costs. Please email the Event Steward if you would like to help make this event possible.
Ceremonies and feasting will begin promptly at 12:00pm.
- This is an immersion event. When inside of the cathedral hall, we ask all technology be silenced, or better yet, left in a safe place, not on your person. We also ask attendees to refrain from modern discussions. Should you wish or need to break from the immersion, please do so downstairs.
-There will be a CASH BAR on site. Outside alcohol is not allowed. If outside alcohol is found, you will be asked to remove it from site. Please note, this site has offered us an incredible discount, in exchange for having a cash bar. Please be respectful of this.
- Live fire is not allowed in the building.
Site Opens: 9:00 am
Site Closes: 10:00 pm
820 Eastern Avenue
Schenectady, NY 12308
From the East or South:
- Take Route 90 West (NYS Thruway)
- Take exit 25 for I-890 toward NY-7
- Continue onto I-890 W
- Take Exit 6 for Michigan Avenue
- Turn right onto S Brandywine Ave
- Turn left onto Eastern Ave
- St. Mary's is on the Left
From the West:
- Take Route 90 East (NYS Thruway)
- Take exit 26 for I-890 toward NY-5
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-890 E/Schenectady
- Take exit 4B toward Erie Blvd.
- Continue straight onto Erie Blvd (Follow signs toward Train Station)
- Turn right onto Liberty Street (just after train station)
- Continue straight onto Eastern Ave
- St. Mary's is on the right
From the North:
- Take Rte 87 South (Adirondack Northway)
- Take exit 6-7 toward Watervliet/Schenectady
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for NY-7 W
- Merge onto NY-7 W
- Turn right onto Union St
- Turn Left onto Brandywine Ave
- Turn Right onto Eastern Avenue
- St Mary's is on the left
Advanced Reservation Fees:
Adult - $17.00
Adult Member - $12.00
Child - $8.00
Family* - $50.00
At Gate Fees:
Adult - $20.00
Adult Member- $15.00
Child - $10.00
Family* - $60.00
*Family fee includes up to 2 adults and their children.
Each Adult Member will receive a $5 discount. A Family with 2 Adult Members will thus receive a total $10 discount off of the Family Rate.
Child fees apply to children ages 6 - 17. Children 5 and under are free.
Above the Salt: $40.00
- Reservations will be accepted until November 19th
Below the Salt: $15.00
- Limited seating
Server & Scullion Feast: $8.00
- Please contact Event Steward to inquire about serving.
Make Checks Payable to: SCA NY Inc, Barony of Concordia of the Snows