Seamus na Coille Aosda
Seamus at the Endewearde Hunt
Argent, a trillium purpure barbed vert and seeded Or.
|Awards & Offices|
| AoA, Crystal of Glymm Mere|
Lord Seamus na Coille Aosda:
Aka: Seamus a Chnuic Ghuirm (registered name).
A founding (1970s) member of the Shire of Vinland (a predecessor to Endewearde in central & eastern Maine) and a member of Clan Cnoc Gorm, a household of Vinland. In 1979 Seamus moved to An Tir where he was a founding member of the Shire of Evercleare (1981), now the Barony of Glymm Mere , where he was a member of the household of Sir Richard Fergus Fitzalan , first Baron Glymm Mere. He returned to the East in 1984 to find no trace of Vinland. In 2012, after a 28 year lapse, he became active in the SCA again, and is happily a member of the Shire of Endewearde.
- Crystal of Glymm Mere (Barony of Glymm Mere, Kingdom of An Tir) By: Richard Fergus Fitzalan, Gwendolyn Fitzalan, December 10, 1983.
- Award of Arms (An Tir) By: Manfred Kriegstreiber, Morwyn of Wye, Jan 14, 1984 (AS XVIII)
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal, Shire of Vinland, mid 1970s.
- Scribe, Barony of Glym Mere, early 1980s.
- Assistant autocrat in charge of the roast shoat, Vinland Revel, mid 1970s.
- Assistant autocrat in charge of the Yule Fire lighting ceremony, Yule Feast, Shire of Evercleare, December 10, 1983.
Projects & Publications
- The Looking Glass, newsletter of the Shire of Evercleare, now the Barony of Glymm Mere, 1980s. Covers for issues 4-9 & 22, as well as incidental illustrations, borders and several short articles on calligraphic technique.
- Designed and crafted the original Red Deer Awards for the Shire of Evercleare, now the Red Hart of the Barony of Glymm Mere, 1983.
- Researched and built a lye leaching hopper which was used by Endewearde's soap makers to successfully leach a lye solution from wood ash, Spring 2012.
- "Memories of Vinland: what came before", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Shire of Endewearde, spring 2012.
- "Hungarian or Gypsy Campfire Bacon", Northern Watch, newsletter of the Shire of Endewearde, September 2012.
Interests & Activities
- Thrown weapons (particularly the light javelins & darts of the Irish kern)
- Period woodworking
- Leather working
- Metal working (making sharp pointy things)
- Bee keeping
Current Projects & Works in Progess
- A Tuam chair using only hand tools.
- A set of three light javelins/darts appropriate for use by an Irish kern.
- Carving a Gaelic war standard in the form of a boar.
- Building trestle tables.
- Organizing & annotating the remaining, fragmentary records from the defunct Shire of Vinland.
Seamus' FaceBook page: 
Shire of Endewearde Order of Precedence
Seamus' entry in the An Tir Roll of Arms 
Seamus' listing in the An Tir Order of Precedence