|Shire of Northern Outpost|
Per chevron sable and argent, three piles throughout counterchanged, the center one debruised in base by a laurel wreath vert.
Overview of the Shire of the Northern Outpost
- At the time Northern Outpost was created, it was the Northernmost shire in the East Kingdom.
- The Shire's blazon represents the Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights. To keep within heraldic rules, black and white were used instead of a multi-colored design.
Established: December 1981
Blazon: Per chevron sable and argent, three piles throughout counterchanged, the center one debruised in base by a laurel wreath vert.
Heraldic officer's title: Aurora Pursuivant
Newsletter: Northern Illuminations
Current Shire Champions & Retired Awards
Shire Champions (as of 2/3/2010):
- Ours du Nord (Heavy Fighting Champion): held by Lord Ian MacDonald
- Gardien du Nord (Fencing Champion): held by Lord Olaf Haraldsson
- Phare du Nord (Arts & Sciences Champion): held by Lord Olaf Haraldsson
Retired Shire Awards:
- Profane Proponent of the Purple Platypus (PPPP) (Heavy Fighting, awarded annually at Fall Frolic)
- Order of the Aurora Borealis (Arts & Sciences, required teaching what you knew)
- Order of the Embattled Aardvark (Service)
- Wandering Wombat (out-of-shire individuals who distinguished themselves through service to the shire, they were considered honorary shire members)
- Winter War (February)
- Fall Frolic (September)
- Official Web Site: http://www.northernoutpost.eastkingdom.org
- Unofficial Listserve: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scaoutpost/