Duchess Katherine Stanhope
Lozengy sable and argent, a harp within an orle Or.
Katherine also has an Augmentation of Arms,
not pictured here.
|Awards & Offices|
Duchess Katherine Stanhope, OP, OL, OSC, OM, Tyger of the East, as well as many other awards, is a constant servitor of the East Kingdom in any capacity possible.
In addition to her service as a Herald and Archery Marshal, she is an accomplished Equestrian competitor, marshal and past Champion (see Miscellany:Equestrian Champions, below).
Duchess Katherine Stanhope is English. Duchess Katherine is a lady who helps in any way possible, and is greatly beloved of her husband Duke Randal of the Dark, and children Baroness Lillian Stanhope and Lord Brian le Wolfhunt.
Offices & Positions
Duchess Katherine has held numerous offices and positions throughout her career of service. The following list is in no particular order and may not be complete:
- past Mistress of Lists - Shire of the Northern Outpost
- past Exchequer - Shire of the Northern Outpost
- past Seneschal - Province of Mountain Freehold
- past Herald - Province of Malagentia
- past Shepherd's Crook Herald (maintainer of the Order of Precedence)
- past Northern Region Deputy Herald
- past Northern Region Deputy Seneschal
- Marshal and Lieutenant General At Large of Archery
- Marshal of Equestrian Activities
- past Kingdom Equestrian Officer
- Central Region Equestrian Marshal
- Ninth, Twelfth and Fifteenth Tyger Clerk of the Signet
- Polling Clerk
- Admin for the Laurel and Maunche e-mail discussion lists
This is an incomplete list.
- One of the founders of the Northern Lights A&S Pentathlon; Event coordinator for the first Northern Lights A&S Pentathlon; also served Northern Lights as judge, tallying scores, and doing prize scrolls
- Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge, Midsummers: King's & Queen's Equestrian Championships in the Barony of Stonemarche, June 8-10, 2007
- Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge, Fields of Acorns and Pearls II in the Barony Beyond the Mountain, June 6-8, 2008
- Equestrian co-Marshal-in-Charge with Lillian Stanhope, Palio di Stonemarche in the Barony of Stonemarche, June 10-12, 2011
- Equestrian Marshal-in-Charge, Northern Region War Camp "something-fifth anniversary" in the Shire of Glenn Linn, July 4-7, 2013
Projects & Publications
Again, this is an incomplete list.
- Chronicler of a long ago Northern Region Newsletter, Vinland i Dag
- Organized the gifts for visiting Royalty one Pennsic, did the Hospitality tent another year; award scheduling for several reigns
Despite never having owned her own horse, Duchess Katherine rode to honor as Ninth Queen's Equestrian Champion at King's and Queen's Equestrian Champions in 2006 on Rosie, and Twelfth King's Equestrian Champion in 2009 on Squire Wilhelm. She would state that the true honor belongs to the horses who carried her to her victories, and is very proud of the accomplishments of the Eastrealm's warhorses (see Category:Warhorses).
Duchess Katherine also hosts a long-standing irregular Equestrian Games practice at a farm near her home, and has served and continues to serve in various Equestrian Marshal capacities.
Tyger of the East