Justin du Coeur
Heralding Carolingian Court
Per fess dancetty or and sable, two hearts gules
|Awards & Offices|
Justin du Coeur (OL, OP, OKD, FF, OGS, ORS, FB, SSS, and other conversation starters) joined the SCA in 1983, and has been highly active ever since, mainly in and around the Barony of Carolingia.
He is a bit of a jack of all trades -- that is to say, an easily-distracted dilettante who likes to play with lots of toys. His long-stated (and likely impossible) goal is to become Adequate (or at least Mediocre) at all SCA activities. Along the way, he has actually gotten fairly good at a few, particularly Dance, Games and Cooking. While he has dabbled in most of the realm's martial activities, archery is the one he's halfway decent at.
He often prefers to play "stealth peer", suiting both his middle-class persona and preference for hanging around with the newer members of the Society.
Justin du Coeur lives in Poulet Gauche time -- that is, "400 years ago today". (Yes, this means I've technically drifted out of SCA period.) Having been raised around the nobility of Italy, he makes his living as an itinerant dancemaster for whatever nobility are paying for it at the moment. In his spare time, he hangs out in Le Poulet Gauche tavern in Calais, making pocket change off of soldiers who are drinking too much to gamble well.
Offices & Positions
- Associate Dancemaster for the Barony of Carolingia.
- Ace of the Low Company of Gamesters and Gamblers.
- Member of the SCA Questions Desk, and keeper of the Questions FAQ.
- Co-Herald for TRH Edward Grey and Marguerite Ingen Lachlainn.
- Founder of The Letter of Dance.
- Co-organizer and founding Secretary of the Grand Council of the SCA.
- Founder of the Carolingian Accademia della Danza.
- Autocrat and/or kitchener of many events.
- Longtime Deputy Seneschal / Borough Liaison for Carolingia.
- Member of the SCA Census 2010 committee.
- Traditional cat-herder for Crown Tourney processions.
Projects & Publications
- Editor of the far-too-long-dormant Rolls Ethereal. (I'll get it back running again one of these years.)
- Editor of the Period Games Homepage.
- Author of the Roses of the East Song, as the result of an assigned Quest.
Currently dating Lady Fenice d'Autun.
Was married to the late Mistress Caitlin Davies.
Esquired to Baron Steffan ap Cenydd of Silverwing.
- House Silverwing, traditional Philosophers to the Crown (whether they want it or not)
- Lochleven, originally as a Villager, then as a Householder.
Apprentices and Protege
- Lady Caitriona of Greenwood Isle
- Lady Ciana da Vizzi
- Lady Clara Beaumont
- Lady Eleanora Stewart
- Lord Gundormr Dengir
- LARP (past con chair of Intercon)
- Comic books (~20,000 of them)
- Freemasonry (Wor. Mark Waks, Mt. Tabor Lodge AF&AM, Wakefield, MA)
- Science fiction, fantasy, cons and so on