Francesca Teresa Giani
|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Azure, a fess argent, in chief two dogs respectant argent, in base a shark naiant to sinister argent.
|Awards & Offices|
My SCA name is Teresa "of the wrong way" Giani...the "of the wrong way" comes from the fact that I tend to get lost on my way to events. I always make to the event but sometimes we take the scenic route!
I have been a member of the SCA since Fall of 1985, my first event was a Fall Frolic in Shire of the Northern Outpost. I have lived in Shire of the Northern Outpost, Stronghold of Orion's Gate & the Shire of Quintavia.
I am a dabbler in the SCA, I like to at least 'try' as much as I possibly can.
- Heavy List
- Thrown Weapons
- Spinning & Weaving
- Candle Making
- Research & Documentation
- Calligraphy & Illumination
And anything else I can readily try...
I am currently the Seneschal of the Shire of Quintavia in the Central Region of the East Kingdom.
I am originally from Venice Italy. The youngest of 6 daughters of a Byzantine refugee family now living in Venice. My father was a Venetian Merchant. I have never been a conventional daughter of my time. I worked hard for my father's business and is very learned at accounting and legal matters pertaining to her father's business.
As a result I traveled with my father and was married to Merchant named Ala Madre Kassir of Damascus. I traveled on many of Kassir's trips through Europe regarding business dealings. When in Damascus, however, I was regulated to my apartments and with only the company of a single guard (a Scottish Mercenary named Adam McGregor). But the marriage was short-lived as Kassir died only two years after we were married. Kassir's adult son Abdula made arrangements to have me sent home to my father. Word was sent back from Venice to have me board the next ship for England instead. Where I was to meet Lord Montressor, who would take care of me for a time and find me a new husband in a more (liberal) England.
When I arrived in England I found Lord Montressor had died during my long trip. His daughter, Lady Portia Montressor offered to have me stay in her household. Lady Montressor had taken over her father's holdings upon his death, and coupled with her deceased husband's holdings was quite well off. The two became business partners, using both their father's and deceased husband's contacts to expand the Montressor Shipping and Merchanting Co.
During their business dealings with their Shipping Co. Lady Montressor met a ship's Captain and they married, although short lived their marriage introduced me to my 2nd husband, Lord Rooke Theodoric, the Captain's Bosen. After 8 long years of marriage Lord Theodoric drown when his ship sank.
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal, Quintavia, 2007-present
- Deputy Seneschal, for the Shire of Quintavia, October 2006 – November 2007
- Deputy Chronicler of the Milestone (The Shire of Quintavia), October 2006 – November 2007
- Deputy Web Minister for The Shire of Quintavia, since October 2006.
- Mistress of Arts and Sciences, for Shire of Quintavia January 2006 – October 2006. ( serving the remainder of Her Majesty Anna Ophelia Holloway)
- East Kingdom Accessibility Porter February 2001 – January 2003
- Central Region Accessibility Porter January 1998 – January 2000.
- Deputy Seneschal of the incipient Stronghold of Orion’s Gate, May 1994 - December 1995.
- Deputy Herald of The Shire of the Northern Outpost, January 1996 – February 1997
- Herald of the Stronghold of Orion’s Gate, September 1995 – December 1995
- Deputy Chronicler of Northern Illuminations (The Shire of the Northern Outpost), January 1991 – May 1993.
- Charter Member of the East Kingdom Accessibility Porter; Member of the committee to write the office’s charter for Curia’s approval and later regional and kingdom officer.
- “Safety Sheriff” Shire of the Northern Outpost/MRC (this office is held by a student at the college who coordinates all martial activities to not only meet SCA standards but SUNY safety requirements)
- Winter War I (co-autocrat) with Skye na Ruadh , Shire of the Northern Outpost, January 1997
- Boredom War XX, (co-autocrat) with Toi Poisson de Mortagne, Shire of Quintavia, June 2006
- Tavern Brawl, (autocrat) Shire of Quintavia, April 2007
- Crossroads at Canterbury, Merchant Liason, Shire of Quintavia, September 2007
- Sommer Draw, Merchant Liason, Shire of Quintavia, June 2008
- Hafla, Merchant Liason, Shire of Quintavia, February 2008
- Hafla, Feastocrat, Shire of Quintavia, February 2009
- Crown Tourney 2009, Merchant Liason, Shire of Quintavia, October 2009
- Hafla, Merichant Liason, Shire of Quintavia, March 2010
- Sommer Draw, Merchant Liason, Shire of Quintavia, June 2010
Projects & Publications
- Beadwork Category Winner (Byzantine Dalmatica) Northern Lights, March 2006 Panther Vale
- Northern Lights, Judge, 2007, 2009
- Bodice pattern Making
- Basic Spinning
- Archery for Kids
- Basic Tunic Making
- SCA 101
- Banner Making
- Demystifying Documentation