|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
People have pretty much always worn clothes. Before the inventions of spinning and weaving, clothing would have been made from skins. Look at Oetzi the Iceman, who is believed to have lived 5700 years ago. He is dressed in skins, but no woven items. There is evidence of twining, sewing and netting among his equipment, but no explicit demonstration of the skill of weaving.
By the Roman period, spinning and weaving were familiiar skills, and these skills were not lost during the Middle Ages and Renaissance. However, increasingly sophisticated techniques and methods of production were developed in the time period of the SCA.
- SCA-Spinning http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Spinning/
- SCA Basketry http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCAbasketry/
- SCA Felting http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Felting/
- SCA Cardweaving http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA-Card-Weaving/
- Medieval Spinsters http://groups.yahoo.com/group/medievalspinsters/
- Nalbinding http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nalbinding/
- SCA Natural Dyes http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SCA_NaturalDyes/