Erik Loren Elcara
Erik Loren Elcara
Per bend sinister gules and sable, in pale two staves in saltire, a mullet of eight points pierced elongated to sinister chief, and a lightning flash bendwise argent.
|Awards & Offices|
Master Erik Loren Elcara recently moved to East from Caid.
Erik Loren Elcara's family is the Household of Elcar (headed by Benedict Alorak d'Elcar). Huw Iago is the head of household Caer Elydr. ik is Khazar, circa 995AD. The Khazar Khaganate was located in what is now southern Russia, founded circa 600AD, the Khagans converted to Judaism circa 740AD and the Khaganate fell circa 950AD. Obviously, any Khazar who valued his life left when the Khaganate fell.
Erik travelled to Byzantium (950-955) ruled by Emperor Constantine VII Porphyrogenitus, Alexandria (955-958), ruled by Governor Abu Al-Kasim Anougor Ben El-Eksheid where Erik witnessed the earthquake of 956 when the lighthouse fell, Venice (959-975) when Doge Pietro IV Candiano was elected to the ducal throne and married Waldrada Candiano, Cordoba and Leon under Caliph Muhammad Ibn Abu Amir Al-Mansur (980-990), and eventually (995) Saxon England under King AEthered the Unready and Deheubarth and Gwynedd under Prince Mareddud ap Owain.
Erik is seneschal to Huw Iago on the Welsh/Saxon border (Huw holds lands in both kingdoms). Huw's name started out as Hugh James Erik Pwllellyn of Paschale y Elydr until the East Kingdom CoH convinced me that names weren't that long. it is worth noting that a bear rampant could be called a Pooh Yelling (Pwllellyn) and that a Paschale Bull could be a Papal decree at Easter. Bah!
Trimaris did not at that time inform candidates in advance of the elevation. Court herald was Erik Loren Elcara. Obviously, I had no Pelican elevation on my agenda of court items. I called Mistress Muireann Deora-De of Rivercroft forward to make a presentation to TRMs. (I knew she had a presentation because we resided in the same local group-Starhaven and I had seen the item she was presenting.) he finished her presentation and called me forward. I don't think the Order was actually called to Court. As TRMs chided me for some offense, I eventually noticed that I was surrounded by familiar faces (As Triskele, I had read the elevation ceremonies for 9 of the 12 then members of the Order.). I don't remember much clearly after that point. I did have to somewhat regain my senses and finish court after the ceremony. I received my medallion from Master Taliesynne Nychymwrh yr Anghyfannedd Llanrhyddlad, prinicipal for the Order of the Pelican in Trimaris.
Offices & Positions
- 1975-1979 Kingdom of the East Barony of Myrqyd; Baronial Herald
- Canton of the Amberlands; Seneschal
- 1979-1981 Kingdom of Caid Barony of Lyondemere
- 1981-1983 Kingdom of Atenveldt Principality of Outlands College of St. Golias; Seneschal and Chronicler
- 1983-1988 Kingdom of Meridies Principality of Trimaris and Kingdom of Trimaris: Shire/Barony of Darkwater and Shire of Starhaven
- Shire/Barony of Darkwater: Head of Music Guild, Deputy Herald and Seneschal
- Principality of Trimaris: Deputy to head of Principality/Kingdom Collegium, Deputy to Principal Herald
- Kingdom of Trimaris: Triskele Principal Herald
- 1988-1989 Kingdom of Caid Barony of Calafia Site Herald for one Potrero War
- 1989-1996 Kingdom of Caid; Canton and Shire of Al-Sahid; Local Herald and Exchequer
- 1996-1998 Kingdom of Atenveldt Barony of Sundragon: Minister of Marshallate Rolls; Dep Seneschal Principality of Sun
- Estella War: Chief Town Crier for 4 yrs
- 1998-2009 Kingdom of Caid Barony of Starkhafn; Baronial Herald, Exchequer, Lists, Chamberlain
- Kingdom of Caid; CP Regnum Editor, Kingdom Lists Officer
- 2009-2010 Kingdom of the East Barony of Carolingia (1st 4 mo), Shire of Quintavia (since then): Shire Lists Officer