Edward and Marguerite
Photo by Aethan of Lochleven
Hosted Pennsic XXXIX. Won Pennsic XXXIX.
- Co-Mistress(es) of the House/Head Ladies in Waiting:
- Lady Margaret of Lochleven
- Lady Thyra Eiriksdottir
- Mistress of the Wardrobe: Lady Cassandra Grey
- Gift Coordinator: Baroness Rainillt de Vello Marisco
- 2nd Gift Coordinator: Lady Elizabeth Reed
- Favor Coordinator: Lady Constance de Saint Denis
- Captain of the Guard: Ávaldr Valbjarnarson
- Warlord: Duke Andreas der Eisfalke Von Ulm
- Chief of Staff: Lachlann mac Lochlan mec Lachlainn
- Master of Monies/Fundraising: Master Liam St Liam
- Mistress of the Master Schedule: Clarice of Lochleven
- Secretary: Cezillia Raposa
- Performance Coordinator: Mistress Anne of Framlingham
- Artist: Katarzyna Gwozdz Known as Varju
- Chivalric Advisor: Sir Colin mac Eoain mec Lachlainn
- Chamberlain: Jozef Ludwiczak
- Webminster: Johame Pereira
"In Praise of Sir Edward Grey of Lochleven"
These sage monarchs our fates secure.
Clearly seeing the conflict cruel,
called for strong heirs to lead through strife.
Stood through trial to test their might.
Those full of hope all came to field.
Favored consorts with constant hearts
held their vigil through fateful bouts
between brothers who'd fight to rule.
One in scarlet, his valor true,
took the listfield and yielded not.
New prince arose -- Edward mighty.
Marguerite shone with regal grace.
In August's fire they'll march to war,
watchful for sign of dragon's charge.
Champion fierce will bravely strike --
steady as stone in face of storm.
But Edward calls for warriors bold --
brothers in arms to stand and fight.
Fleeing never in face of strife.
Stand all Tygers and glory claim.
-- © 2009 Amanda Lord (known in the society as Aoife inghean Conchobair) Written for HRH Edward's victory in Crown Tournament
"King Konrad Hears Evening Song"
Commissioned by HRH Edward. For text see Konrad II and Brenwen II.
"Rise to be more than men"
Cuchulain stood small but fierce,
facing howling horde of men.
Meanwhile ailed Ulster's kin –
kingdom stricken sick with pain.
Cursed by goddess, tired, bruised.
Beardless hero stood alone.
Lugh's son held back armies great,
Glory gained by guarding home.
Like bold hero we face horde –
host of foes, our numbers few.
Fame's ransom – cold coin of blood.
Bold men braving flame of war.
Facing swarm of dragon's teeth,
Tyger's bright blood burns in hearts.
Hear hard truth of battle red,
and rise to be more than men.
-- © 2010 Amanda Lord (known in the society as Aoife inghean Conchobair) Written as a piece to inspire the East Kingdom Fighters before Pennsic.