East Kingdom Royal College of Performers
The East Kingdom College of Performers is a Royally chartered Eastern guild of entertainers of all kinds: musicmakers, poets, storytellers, actors, mummers, puppeteers, etc., etc., etc. Our community is dedicated to supporting the pursuit of the performing arts both as practiced in period and as relevant to SCAdian history and culture, to teaching and coaching, to making connections among performers throughout the kingdom, and to developing opportunities for collaboration, socialization, multidisciplinary projects, performance spaces, inspirational challenges, and anything else we can think of to entertain ourselves and our audiences!
In a previous incarnation, the EKCP was known as the Royal College of Bards. That organization was founded by Mairi ni Raghallaigh (now known as Maria Agrissa Sgourina) on December 31st, A.S. XXVI, in the Shire of Sterlynge Vayle. The current College was officially chartered by Their Majesties Edward II and Thyra at their Coronation on October 13th, A.S. XLVII, in Concordia of the Snows.
- Provost (Presiding officer) - Linette de Gallardon
- Chatelaine (Outreach & communications officer) - Sabine de Kerbriant
- Chancellor (Secretary & manager of policy) - Tristan le Chanticler de Champaigne
Current Deans of the College:
- Dean of Belles-Lettres (poetry, prose, logic & rhetoric, language studies, etc.): Alexandre Lerot d'Avigne
- Dean of Music (instrumental & vocal music, bardic circles & coaching, musical composition, luthiery, etc.): Deonna von Aachen
- Dean of Oral Traditions (storytelling, cultural & folkloric studies, persona performance, etc.): Katherine Ashewode, aka Pocket Bard
- Dean of Theatrics (stagecraft, improvisation, commedia de l'arte, mumming, etc.): Anton of Winteroak