Syr Diomedes Sebastianus
(photo by Ursus of Anglesey)
Vert (Azure), on a mullet of twelve points argent, a roundel engrailed Vert (Azure), all within a bordure engrailed Or [as an augmentation: in Canton vert, an imperial eagle argent]
|Awards & Offices|
- Most commonly known as D.Sebastian, Syr Diomedes is known for contributions from his web design (including the SCA Demo .com), art for Kingdom and Baronial newsletters, and his desire to present an authentic appearance on the heavy-lyst field.
- heavy-list fighting
- word-smithing for scrolls and speeches
- court and field heralding
- rapier combat
- writing and singing songs
- making art for the covers of local newsletters
- looking "correct" on the field
- creating garb and projects of all types
- assisting others meet their goals
- making websites.
Initially and sometimes still a 4th Century Roman; D.Sebastian can be found in the trappings of a 6th Cent Late Roman (Byzantine), 13th Cent Trebizonian-Byzantine, 14th Cent Bohemian, a Herodotus (5th Cent BC) Scythian, and 16th Cent Landsknecht.
6th Cent Late Roman (Byzantine)
A Byzantine Roman of the 6th Century serving the court of Constantinople. A "Cataphract" (or heavily armoured horseman), D.Sebastian is presently attached to the Army of Syria under the Command of Belisarius. The Romans are on the way to Egypt to reclaim Alexandria. His turn-on's include red wine, walks along the Bosphorus, and cavalry charges that crush the enemy's flanks. His turn-offs include schisms and the plague.
13th Cent Trebizonian-Byzantine
14th Century Böhmen
D.Sebastian has been called upon to write letters and speeches for the Crown, wordsmith scrolls, and accolades for As well, he has a tendency to pen songs and speeches and often delivers them on the field. Some of these include the battlefield speeches God can not see us in the trees, Who Here Knows, Not Just the List and the songs Heroes? Legions! and Ballad of the Northern Army (aka Shiny Objects).
- Since 2006, D.Sebastian and the Cataphracts of VDK have autocrated and run the Warriors of History Tournament at Pennsic.
- Aide de Camp & Webrite/Webminister (Lucan VIII and Jana V)
- Webminister (Griffyth II and Aikaterine II)
- Chief of Staff & Webright/Webminister (Andreas IV and Gabriella II)
- Captain of the Queen's Guard (Brenwen I)
- Webrite/Webminister (Andreas III and Gabriella I)
- Field Herald & Occasional Court Herald (Griffyth and Aikaterine)
- Deputy Chief Retainer & Webrite/Webminister & Standardbearer (Lucan VII and Yana IV)
- Staff Officer of the Eastern Warlord (Lucan): Legate to the Free Companies (Gaufred Kelson II)
- Stonemarche Envoy to the Barony of Blackstone Mountains, AEthelmearc (Xavier and Maria)
- Stonemarche Envoy to the Barony of Ravens Cove, Atlantia (Xavier and Maria)
- Baronial Webminister: Barony of Stonemarche
- Queen's Champion (Gabriella I)
- Baronial Champion (Angus Kerr - Concordia of the Snows)
- Baroness's Champion (Megan, Stonemarche)
- Stonemarche: Golden Sword AS-37
Projects & Publications
- Field Armour Stand
- Building a Shield
- Improving Appearance on the Field (.pdf)
- Lamanated Polearm
- Split-Top Polearm
- Boot coverings