Cellach Mac Faoitigh
Mistress Kay Leigh Mac Whyte as Tyger Clerk of the Signet and her husband Master Ryan Mac Whyte as Brigantia Principal Herald, at the Fall Coronation of Kenric II and Avelina II.
Photo courtesy of Baroness Cateline la Broderesse.
Sable, three quill pens in pile argent and a bordure rayonny gyronny Or and gules.
|Awards & Offices|
* East Kingdom Scribe
Kayleigh McWhyte, aka Kay Leigh Mac Whyte, aka Number 13
(Pronounced KAY-lee Mak White)
Registered as Cellach Mac Faoitigh, OL, OP. (Pronounced KELL-ah Mak Fwite - Name change to Kay Leigh Mac Whyte pending.)
I began my journey through the SCA in 1984, when I was still very young, as an annual visitor to the Browns Road Renaissance Fair Demo in Ostgardr/An Dubhaigeainn. Each year, I would make a beeline for the hay bales to watch the fencers and fighters, and occasionally stop by the nice people under the big yellow pavillion labeled "Society for Creative Anachronism". Years passed, and I continued as a fringe player, attending a demo held at one of my colleges, Long Island University C.W. Post campus. Following graduation and a move to western PA (Stormsport area, Æthelmearc), just a couple of hours north of this thing some local friends called "Pennsic", I eventually found my way back to the Barony of An Dubhaigeainn, back to that same exact demo on Memorial Day weekend of 1998. After speaking with the Baronial Chatelaine, I joined the SCA and jumped in with both feet, learning archery at my first event as a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism on June 24, 1998.
Although I spent many years on the western border of An Dubhaigeainn, my travels often took me to most of the central and northern parts of the Southern Region, as well as frequently to Dragonship Haven, and Barony Beyond the Mountain, mostly for archery events at first. Eventually I found out who to speak to about working on scrolls for the Kingdom (Duchess Katherine was the Tyger Clerk of the Signet at the time), and also around the same time, I introduced a longtime friend from college (Ryan McWhyte) to the SCA.
The rest, as they say, is history...
Scottish/English Archer, circa 1350
- Archery Marshal
- Voice herald
Married to Rián_Mac_Faoitigh (Ryan McWhyte)
- House Grog August 2009 - Present
Currently Involved In:
- East Kingdom College of Scribes
- East Kingdom Stationers Guild
- Lady Heather Rose Mac Gordon (Calligraphy and Illumination, Bookbinding)
- Lady Elsa de Lyon (Calligraphy & Illumination)
Officer Positions Held and Event Staff
- East Kingdom Tyger Clerk of the Signet - January 2011 - Present
- Company Captain of Archers (Beyond the Mountain) - November 2006 - October 2010
- Company Captain of Archers (An Dubhaigeainn) - June 2002 - June 2005
- Archery Marshal In-Charge or Support Marshal for multiple events (2002 to Present)
- Field (Combat) Scribe for various reigns
- Voice herald for various royal courts and tournaments
Titles, Other positions, Honors, & Awards Held
- Guildmistress / Founder: Drake University for Courtly Kingdom Scribes
(D.U.C.K.S. - aka "Duck U.) - Barony of An Dubhaigeainn Scribal Guild: June 2000 - present
- East Kingdom King's A&S Champion, Kelson I (see King's and Queen's Arts and Sciences Champions)
- Champion of Archers for An Dubhaigeainn: November 2001 - November 2002