Lord Brendan Firebow
Sable, on a bend enarched Or between two English panthers rampant guardant spotted vert and incensed proper three oak leaves vert.
|Awards & Offices|
| Award of Arms; Order of the Silver Rapier|
I started doing SCA many years ago as something to do in the off-season from the Rennaisance Faires. My interest in it grew, and I took up archery (which has fallen by the wayside in recent years), and I eventually began fencing. I was sort of absorbed into House TOAD, and I am also a leatherworker. When I first began the SCA, my persona was based as much on my garb as my heritage, so I chose to look at 1300's Irish. When I began fencing more frequently, I moved the timeline forward a ways, in part thanks to Dutchess Isabella of York. I started the my SCA life in the Barony of (at that time, the shire of) An Dubhaigeainn. I currently reside in the Crown Province of Ostgardr, but due to mundane constraints, find it easier to travel and socialize in the Barony of Settmour Swamp.
Lord Brendan Firebow is an Irishman of the 1570's or so, taken as a cadet under the guidance of Don Orlando Sforza, and studies the Italian schools of Rapier.
- House TOAD
- Received my Award of Arms from Andreas & Isabella I at their stepping down.
- Made a Fencing Marshal - 11/13/2004
- Cadetted to Don Orlando Sforza at K&Q Rapier Champions- 2/28/2009
- Made a Companion of the Order of the Silver Rapier at Known World Academy of the Rapier - 10/10/2009
- Won the Iron Ring of the East from Christopher Stanley on 6/3/2010
Projects & Publications
- Fundamentals of Defense class taught at KWAR 2009