| Image:Aleksei shoot.jpg|
Lord Aleksei Dmitriev in his favorite activity.
Gules, on a bend sinister between two griffins segreant argent an arrow purpure.
|Awards & Offices|
| Awards: |
I started in the SCA in 1983 in the Barony of Carolingia as Morwyn ferch Gruffydd, and received an AoA in 1987. I became inactive in 1993 until 2003, when I became active in the Shire of Quintavia as Aleksei Dmitriev. I received the Quintavia Keeper of the Light (service award) on 6/21/2008, and achieved Grand Master Bowman on 9/13/2009.
Aleksei Dmitriev is a 14th century Russian lord born in the area of Smolensk, but who traveled east to help fight the Mongols. His father was Dmitri Ivanovich.
Offices & Positions
- Apprentice to Master Johannes von Nurenstein (1984-1987, as Morwyn)
- Guildmistress of the Carolingia Calligraphers' Guild (1986-1988, as Morwyn)
- Provost for the borough of Mitgaard (MIT), Barony of Carolingia (1986-1987, as Morwyn)
- Chronicler for the Carolingian Miniscule newsletter (1986-1989, as Morwyn)
- Damoiselle to Mistress Caryl de Trecesson (1987-1993, as Morwyn)
- Yeoman to Master Li Kung Lo (7/2005 - present)
- Archery Marshall (5/2007 - present)
- Member of the Archery Champions' Team at Pennsic (2007)
- Captain of Archers, Quintavia (11/2007 - present)
- Deputy Seneschal, Quintavia (5/2008 - 1/2010)
- Fencing Marshal-in-Training (5/2008 - present)
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Quintavia (1/2010 - present)
- Head cook, Quintavia Halfa, 2/23/2008
- Marshal-in-Charge of Archery, Sommer Draw, 6/21/2008
- Autocrat, Quintavia Halfa, 3/7/2009
Bergental Novice Schola, 2/23/2008
- Beginning Kumihimo
- Making a Simple Leather Beltpouch
Activities and Interests
- archery and fletching
- calligraphy and illumination
- embroidery and beadwork
- Russian and Italian garb
- Viking wire weaving