Yehuda ben Moshe
Lord Yehuda ben Moshe
Per bend sinister sable and argent, two lions counterchanged.
(Fieldless) A sheaf of straight trumpets Or.
|Awards & Offices|
I have been a member of the SCA since 1995. I first started in the Dominion of Myrkfaelinn, Principality later Kingdom of AEthelmearc. I was inactive for a while, and now I am playing again in the Canton of Lions End, Crown Province of Østgarðr. These days, I am primarily involved in Rapier, Heraldry, and Archery. In the past, I have also done Rattan and a variety of A&S.
Known among other Jews as Yehuda ben Moshe, most Italians call me Leone di Moise. I had been living in the Republic of Venice, but in 1595 I moved to Livorno, in Tuscany, following the Grand Duke's 1593 charter ensuring the rights of all residents of the port city, including Jews.
Offices & Positions
Herald, Dominion of Myrkfaelinn, approx 1996-1998
Webminister (unofficial), Dominion of Myrkfaelinn, approx 1996-1998
Herald-at-Large, 1998-2000, Aug 2012-Feb 2013
Archery Marshal, approx 1996-2000
Archery Marshal, Nov 2012-Present
Herald, Canton of Lions End, Feb 2013-Present
Elmet Herald (Kingdom Heraldic Education Deputy), Feb 2013-Present
Pelican SoA decision staff, Aug 2013-Present
Wreath SoA decision staff, Nov 2013-Present
Fencing Marshal, Jan 2014-Present
Autocrat, Battle of Maldon event, Dominion of Myrkfaelinn, Fall 1996 or 1997
Heraldic Class Coordinator, Southern Region Scriptorium and Heraldic Symposium, Barony of Settmour Swamp, Jan 18, 2014
Projects & Publications
- Introduction to Heraldry class, EK Brewing Collegium and Novice Schola, 04/20/2013
- So you want to be a (book) herald? Part I, Southern Region War Camp, 06/01/2013
- So you want to be a (book) herald? Parts I-III, online video classes, June 2013
- So you want to be a (book) herald? Parts I-III, Pennsic 42, July-August 2013
- East Kingdom Herald University series of online classes available at www.yehudaheraldry.com/ekhu , Sep 2013-present
- Being a Herald Q&A, Southern Region Scriptorium and Heraldic Symposium, Barony of Settmour Swamp, Jan 18, 2014
Protege to Mistress Alys Mackyntoich