Vienna de la Mer
|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Argent, on a pale wavy between two Latin crosses formy swallowtailed azure a sea-unicorn argent.
|Awards & Offices|
Her Excellency Vienna began her SCA tenure during Pennsic 25, and attended a few Pennsics and Birkas before volunteering for a Royal Household. The Reign of Andreas I and Isabella I was instrumental in immersing Vienna in the SCA. Prior to that time, since didn't sew, her embroidery consisted of cross stitch Christmas ornaments exclusively, and she lived in the Bog at Pennsic. It was also during their Graces' first reign that she met Wilhelm von Ostenbrucke.
Residing in the Barony of Dragonship Haven, in the East Kingdom, Vienna de la Mer was apprenticed to Duchess Roxane Farabi. Her main focus is Embroidery; however, she's also interested in Gardening, Folklore, Cooking, Herbology, Helping Newcomers, Sewing/Costuming, and Archery. Vienna is a Senior Member of The Keepers of Athena's Thimble, the East Kingdom Embroiderer's Guild.
Youngest daughter of a Genoese shipping merchant and French midwife, Vienna was given to a noblewoman, along with her nieces, to serve as Ladies In Waiting at Court. This noblewoman later became Queen. Once upon a time, at a 12th Night celebration, Vienna and Wilhelm met – he, a Squire to the King; she, a Lady-in-Waiting to the Queen. The rest is… history.
Main Persona: Late 15th century Italian/French. Alternate Personas: 14th century Burgundy or 10th century Niedersachsen (Hedeby).
Registered name: Vienna de la Mer (Viennet is an alternate registered name)
Personal Device: Argent, on a pale wavy between two Latin crosses formy swallowtailed azure a sea-unicorn argent. Personal Badge: (Fieldless) A sea-monkey vert.
Vienna’s honors include:
- Member of the Order of the Laurel
- Court Baroness w/Grant of Arms
- Companion of the Orders of the Silver Crescent and Maunche
- Award of Arms
- Queen’s Cypher (Gabriella, Brenwen II)
- Queen’s Honor of Distinction (Brenwen)
- King’s Cypher (Darius IV)
- Queen’s Order of Courtesy (Brenwen II)
- Gift of the Golden Lyre (Andreas III & Gabriella)
- Worshipful Company of Artificers (Baronial A&S)
- Order of the Yale (Baronial Service)
- Seamstress to the Crown (for many reigns!)
- House D'Mer (defunct)
Offices & Positions
- East Kingdom Chatelaine 4/2013-
- Chief of Staff, Andreas III and Gabriella I
- Head Lady in Waiting, Konrad II and Brenwen II
- Senior Member of the Keepers of Athena's Thimble (East Kingdom Embroiderer's Guild)
- Lady in Waiting, Andreas I & Isabella I
- Lady in Waiting, Andreas II & Isabella II
- Lady in Waiting, Konrad I & Brenwen I
- Stealth Retainer, various Royals and Kingdoms
- Former A&S Champion of the Barony of Dragonship Haven (2010-2011)
- Steward, Victuality-the Event 8/2013
- Co Steward, Balfar's Challenge 4/2009 (RP)
- Steward, St. Eligius 11/2009 (RP)