would prefer no photos published online, thank you
Or, a spider vert between three triangles inverted sable.
|Awards & Offices|
Livia Petralia first joined the SCA through the Shire of Hammerhold in the Kingdom of Meridies (now Gleann Abhann) in the 1998-99 school year. After a few more years inactive, Livia became active in the Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust in 2002.
A dilettante and a hedonist, Livia's primary pursuits are bookbinding and cooking. She strongly believes that the SCA is a hobby to be enjoyed with no reason for anyone to ever be told that they aren't good enough at what they do to play this game.
- Salamander - Bhakail's Service award
- Baronial Brewing Champion, Barony of Bhakail, 12/2011 to 12/2012
- Award of Arms, 2/24/2007
- Seneschal, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, 10/2013 to present
- Deputy Seneschal, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, 1/2013 to 10/2013
- Minister of Arts and Sciences, Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust, ?? to 9/2013
Guilds & Households
- East Kingdom Stationers Guild
- Blood Moon Clan
- dayboard cook, Noisemakers IX, 4/12/2014
- On-site instructor coordinator, Noisemakers VIII, 3/9/2013
Projects & Publications
- Name of Project/Publication, Other info, mm/dd/yyyy
- taught class on Improvisational Redacting of Apicius, EKU Collegium: A Day in the Guild Hall, 8/25/2012
Livia runs lunch socials, an informal Latin translating circle, occasional cooking workshops, and even more occasional bookbinding classes, within the Bailiwick of Ivyeinrust.
Livia owns a copy of Szirmai's Archaeology of Medieval Bookbinding  and will allow others to consult it by appointment
Bookbinding equipment (available for use by appointment) includes
- large heavy-duty papercutter 
- book press
- leather paring knives and lithograph stone fragment (for paring surface)
- handheld wood planes
- period-appropriate glues and pastes
- "De re coquinaria" Apicius