Marcele de Montsegur
Or, a bend fusilly between six crosses of Toulouse gules.
|Awards & Offices|
| ,, Golden Lyre|
Maîtresse Marcele de Montsegur was inducted into the Order of the Laurel in January 2004. She is also a companion of the Order of the Maunche and has a number of Seamstress-to-the-Crown acknowledgments. While active, her service to the arts was usually behind the scenes, with regular judging of research papers for A&S competitions and consistent and copious online instruction for those who sought her input. Her passion for the arts centers around 14th-century material culture with a focus on the clothing, accessories, and martial soft kit worn by Western Europeans. She occasionally gets enthused for 15th-century stuff too. She is still available through her website for assistance in 14th and 15th century tailoring. Marcele's two apprentices were elevated to the Order of the Laurel: Angharad Rhos ferch Rhain and Angus Pembridge (fomerly Kerr).
- Childrens' Activities Coordinator, 12th Night, January 1999, Barony of Bhakail
- Cook's assistant and server at high table, East Kingdom State Dinner for Darius and Roxane 1; Pennsic 31 (2002)
- Cook's assistant and server at high table, 1st and 2nd Coronations of Andreas and Isabella, 9/30/2000 and 9/28/2002 respectively
- Cook's assistant to Lady Olga Kafskaia and Mistress Juliana Von Altenfeld at multiple feasts held in the Barony of Bhakail
- Event staff/setup helper, 12th Night, January 2003, Shire of Hartshorn-dale
Projects & Publications
Newest to oldest:
La cotte simple: http://www.cottesimple.com
"The Tailoring of the Pourpoint of King Charles VI of France Revealed", Waffen- und Kostuemkunde 2013/2
How to Sew a Gore [into a Slit of Fabric]: Tournaments Illuminated, Issue 174, 2nd Quarter 2010
The Pourpoint of Charles de Blois: An adapted sewing pattern for chest sizes 37-50 (available on lulu.com)
On Writing a Research Paper or Report for SCA Competition: East Kingdom Arts & Sciences website (http://www.eastkingdom.org/artsci/)
The Journal of the Armour Research Society (Editor); first volume, 2005
Visit the La cotte simple FaceBook page for updates on her interests.
Marcele has an entry in the EK Laurel Mugshot Gallery.