Leofwenn of Wytleseie
|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Lady Leofwyn of Wytleseie
|Awards & Offices|
I am Lady Leofwyn of Wytleseie, from the Barony of Endewearde in the East Kingdom. I am an Anglo Saxon lady living in early 11th century England during the turbulent times before the Norman invasion of 1066AD.
Lady Leofwenn of Wytleseie, was born in 1000 AD, in the Fen lands, in the town of Wytle's Ea, located in Huntingdonshire, in East Anglia, in the Kingdom of England, to Ricbert and Cynwise, and is now living in the Shire of Endewearde in the East Kingdom. Born to loyal parents, Leofwenn was named in honor of Ealdorman Leofsige. Lady Leofwenn's father and mother were ceorls, considered ordinary freemen, and owned a small family run farm. Being the only child of her parents, she inherited the property upon their deaths when she was 19 years old. Leofwenn still maintains the family farm independently from her husband's property as allowed by Anglo Saxon custom, and continues to make improvements to the property. Leofwenn married Alan of Wytleseie in 1021AD and together they have become sellers of foodstuffs and cloth. They are also the proud parents of 5 children.
Lady Leofwenn enjoys many activities when allowed the leisure to do so including the sewing of fine garments, singing, dancing, brewing meads and cordials, and cooking delicious meals to share with family and friends. An archer in the North Tower Archery Company, Lady Leo, as she is affectionately called, has also been known to throw a potentially deadly axe or knife on occasion. Lady Leo is interested in pursuing the scribal arts and presently learning to play music on a custom made harp, built by her loving husband, Alan.
Offices & Positions
- Award of Arms in February A.S. XLIII
- Chronicler, The Shire of Endewearde from A.S. XLI to A.S. XLII
- Autocrat for the Endewearde Hunt A.S. XLIV
- Seneschal in training (retired)
- Finance Committee member (retired)
- Member of Leafy Greens and Mutton (on hiatus)
- Many dayboards
- Head cook, (Feast-o-crat), Feast - Endewearde's Tourney of Love A.S. XLII 02/23/2008
- Head cook, (Feast-o-crat), Feast - Endewearde's Tourney of Love A.S. XLIII 02/14/2009
- Autocrat, Endewearde Hunt A.S. XLIV 10/09/2009 - 10/12/2009
- Assisting in the Feast of Endewearde's K&Q Bardic Challenge - 02/5/2011
- Head cook, Feast - Crown Tourney, hosted by Endewearde A.S. XLVII (completely Polish feast!)
- Head cook, Feast - Endewearde's Tourney of Love A.S. XLVII
Projects & Publications
- Learning to play the harp
- Learning scribal arts
- Practicing Archery
- Presently working on a Book of Hours - Endewearde from the perspective of a Lady
Trivia about Lady Leofwenn
- Lady Leo once presented the Princess Avelina with genuine sugar plums
- Lady Leo helped to design and build a castle made of cake for Jehan's Fighting and Fencing at the Fort A.S XLVII
- Lady Leo has won several embroidery challenges
- Lady Leo sewed the trim onto Prince Kennric's Endeweardian tunic
- Lady Leo has assisted bards on rare occasions, to sing and write songs, and hopes to be a bard in her own right some day
- Lady Leo is always willing to share her sense of humor and often has a dry comment to make in many circumstances