Photo by Marguerite Ingen Lachlainn
Gules, on a bend sinister between two crosses fourchy, between the tines of each fork a roundel, argent three glazier's nails palewise sable.
(Fieldless) A bear rampant per bend sinister gules and argent.
|Awards & Offices|
| Court Baroness, September 2010 |
Varju was introduced to the SCA in the Winter of 1999, making her first appearance at Birka. She knocked around the society for many years being useful and washing a lot of dishes.
Then Edward won Crown, (the first time.)
Katarzyna Gwozdz, called Varju, was born in the year 1566 in the area of Mielec in south Poland. Her family is devout Roman Catholic; while she is observant, her poor mother despairs that Varju will never make a fit wife, being rather headstrong. Her father humors her whims - as a result she is not yet betrothed. She's very much influenced by the flourishing industry of the area, and has many diverse interests. These include but are not limited to agriculture, metal and wood working.
She served the Court at the pleasure of Edward and Marguerite. Along the she way met many wonderful and talented people from all over the East Kingdom. It was under this reign that she took up arms, and has been participating at the lists ever since. She continued her service at the whim of Edward II and Thrya.
- Household Affiliations: WOTOG, Lochleven, Pembridge Manor
- Household Membership: Clan O'Choda
Offices & Positions
- Jongleur Herald of the East (Maintainer of the Crown List Trees) Spring of 2010 through Spring 2014
- William Blackfox Award Nomination, Pikestaff Cover Art August 2010
- Pikestaff Cover Art December 2011
- Queen's Guard to Queen Thyra Eiriksdottir