Elsa de Lyon
|This article is a stub. You can help the East Kingdom wiki by expanding it.|
Don't know what information to put? See our Templates Page.
See Template_talk:Populace for full suggested contents.
Lady Elsa de Lyon
|Awards & Offices|
Current Seneschal of the Shire of Montevale
Many years ago a friend of mine saw the Halloween costumes I made for my sons and said, "If you like making costumes, you should get involved with the SCA." I took the bait and the rest is history!!!
I joined the SCA in late 1991 - Raven got me involved mainly due to my sewing skills. The first activity I attended was an armor workshop in Waynesboro, PA. Following this, I participated in a Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet Demo in 1992.
Mundanely, I taught art for 35 years, with 16 years at middle school and the rest of my career was at the high school level. I taught for a local program for children called Arts Express every summer for many years, on many different subjects (2013's class was mask making). I am also an art merit badge counselor for Boy Scouts, and I am a Master Gardener outside of the SCA (but I enjoy discussions about historic gardening as well).
14th century French
Black Dragon Clan
Offices & Positions
- Seneschal of the Shire of Montevale: October 2009 - January 2014
- A & S Minister of the Shire of Montevale: 2001 - October 2004
- Scribe, East Kingdom College of Scribes: 1999 - present
- Retainer to TRM Gregor IV and Kiena II: Shire Wars III and Pennsic 42
- Feastocrat / Head Cook for 3 events (including Boared with Winter, 2003; An Italian Schola in the Grand Tradition, October 2009)
I have also helped at many events in the kitchen and elsewhere.
Projects & Publications
- 2 Kingdom gifts
- Pennsic Independent sign lettering
- William Blackfox Nominee for Best Art, AS 36; Montevale Knightly Knews,Shire of Montevale (East), Chronicler Lady Mary of Montevale. Artwork on December 2001 cover.
Formerly Apprenticed to Mistress Kay Leigh Mac Whyte (Kayleigh McWhyte, aka Cellach Mac Faoitigh) and Mistress Brighid the Lymner prior to Kayleigh.
I was elevated to the Order of the Laurel on June 28, A.S. XLIX (2014) at Southern Region War Camp, in the Barony of Carillion, by Emperor Brennan and Empress Caoilfhionn.
- Spinning & fiber prep
- Wound glass bead making
- Lucet braiding
- Carolingian lettering: Western Region Scriptorium (March 2012)
- Calligraphy 101: Pennsic 36, 38, 40, 41, 42; Schola in the Meadow (Aethelmearc, August 2013); Siege of Glengary (Aethelmearc, September 2010)
- Pennsic weed walks: Pennsic 42
- Garb workshops
- Limp bound journal making
- History of spinning
- Beginning Drop Spinning: Aethelmearc Academy (October 2010)
- (4) 1 hour sessions at Aethelmearc Scribal Track (Pennsic 41, 2012 - includes Calligraphy 101); (1) 1 hour session at Aethelmearc Scribal Track (Pennsic 42, Calligraphy 101)
Scribing is one of my favorite things to do, with my first scroll being done for April, 1999, with many more made since then. I also enjoy taking classes on just about any subject, and dabble in many other arts, except the performing arts. Example of my work can be found at the East Kingdom Scribal Gallery and my Facebook page under Barbara J Peshkin (mundane name).
Collective works: http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/beast6667/library/?sort=9&page=1