Per pale sable and vert, on a chief argent a fox passant gules.
|Awards & Offices|
| AOA, , |
Donovan Shinnock got involved with the SCA mumbly-mumble years ago, back when Carolingian fencing was still held at the Boston Fencing Club and schalgers weren't even thought of. Since then, he's jumped into fencing and has developed a growing interest in period fencing manuals, heraldry, teaching, helping the fencing program in general, bardic shenanigans, and avoiding witnesses when he gets into trouble. He is also inordinately fond of foxes.
This is a work in progress. Late-period Irish, very likely left home because it was kind of going downhill fast.
His name uses the Anglicized spelling as it's late period - and out of a kindness and love for heralds.
- King's Esteem of Merit - Edward II
- King's Esteem of Merit - Kenric II
- Award of Arms - Brion II and Anna II
- Order of the Silver Rapier - Darius IV and Alethea
- Order of the Golden Rapier - Edward and Marguerite - (Cadets: Anastasia da Monte, Lottieri Malocchio, and Marguerite Ingen Lachlainn)
- Order of the Perseus
- Order of the Daystar
Offices & Positions
- Central Region Deputy Marshal of Fence: June 2009-Present
- Queen's Guard, Brenwen II
- Queen's Rapier Champion, 2010-2011 (Brenwen II, Marguerite, Aikaterine II)
- King's Rapier Champion, 2012-2013 (Gregor III, Kenric, Edward II)
- King's Rapier Champion, 2014 (Kenric II, Brennan)
Proteged to Rián Mac Faoitigh
Projects & Publications
Donovan's Rapier and other SCA projects and writings blog.
Guards and Counter-Guards as Described by Giganti, published in Ars Scientia Orientalis (Issue 5, Spring 2013) - Also taught as a short class.
A Brief Introduction to Capo Ferro - An Overview of His Manual and the Principles Therein (class notes here)
Introduction to Italian Rapier Concepts