|Northern Region War Camp XV/Kings and Queens Equestrian Champions **UPDATED**
||Event date: July 3rd, 2008 - July 6th, 2008|
|Hosted by Shire of Glenn Linn - Warrensburg, NY||Event Last Modified: June 22nd, 2008|
|Bring your spears and horns, keep a wary eye, and gird your loins for adventure! The boar hunt is a dangerous pastime, but in the North we laugh in the face of death. It's time again for War Camp, and 2008 is year XV! The gentlefolk of the Shire of Glenn Linn are very excited for this anniversary, and are preparing a special event with fun for all.|
NRWC XV will feature the following:
* King's and Queen's Equestrian Champions Tourney (Saturday evening)
* Northern Region Heavy Combat Champion Tournament (Friday 2pm)
* A delectable "Boar Roast" to eat your fill and be merry with companions old and new (Friday - this is a change!)
* Embroidery Panel held by the Keepers of Athena's Thimble
* Classes: Arts and Sciences, see: glennlinn.eastkingdom.org/nrwc_xv_as.html
* Youth Combat - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd divisions. Torchlight Tournament (Saturday evening)
* Heavy List - War Practice, Unbelt Practice, Melees, and Pick Ups (see glennlinn.eastkingdom.org/nrwc_xv_war_schedule.html)
* Fencing List - Fighting and Saturday Tournament.
* Archery - Daytime shooting (Friday and Saturday), plus a Candlelight Tourney (Saturday evening)
* Siege Range - Siege during War Practice, Siege Tournament (Friday afternoon)
* Thrown Weapons Range (open Friday and Saturday, tournament Saturday afternoon)
* Confirmed merchants: Valhalla Horns, Diddlelydeets Scents, Game Knight, Tipsy Turtle, Lady Tyna, Little1's Leather, Alchemy, The Village Knit Shop, Lady Guendalina's Closet, Green Mountain Leathercraft, Sunshadow Design, The Zen Wench, Dragonfly Massage.
Please check our website (http://glennlinn.eastkingdom.org/GL_NRWC_XV.html ) and this announcement for updates on scheduling, tournaments, classes, merchants, and more!
Site Opens: Thursday, July 3, 4:00 p.m.
Site Closes: Sunday, July 6, 1:00 p.m.
Event Website: http://glennlinn.eastkingdom.org/GL_NRWC_XV.html
|Warrensburg Fair Grounds|
377 Schroon River Road
Warrensburg, NY 12885
From Albany/South of Lake George:
Travel Adirondack Northway I-87 NORTH to Warrensburg exit 23. -Turn to traffic light and turn RIGHT ( Rt 9) -Travel north on Rt 9 to next traffic light, turn RIGHT onto schroon river road -Follow road, Fair grounds on RIGHT. Green and white SCA signs will be posted from Adirondack Northway I-87.
From North of Lake George:
Travel Northway I-87 SOUTH to Warrensburg exit 23. -Turn to traffic light and turn RIGHT ( Rt 9) -Travel north on Rt 9 to next traffic light, turn RIGHT onto Schroon river road -Follow road, Fair grounds on RIGHT. Green and white SCA signs will be posted from Adirondack Northway I-87.
From northern Vermont:
Find your best route to Rt US-7 SOUTH. Slight right onto VT-22A --follow approx 40 miles Merge onto US-4 WEST (crossing into New York) -- follow approx 8 miles SLIGHT LEFT onto BROADWAY / US-4 / NY-22: continue following US-4 -- follow approx 10 miles RIGHT onto NY-149 in Fort Ann, follow unitl ends. Turn LEFT on Rt 9 SOUTH. Turn RIGHT at light onto I87 Adk Northway NORTH. Travel to Warrensburg exit 23. Turn to traffic light and turn RIGHT ( Rt 9) -Travel north on Rt 9 to next traffic light, turn RIGHT onto schroon river road -Follow road, Fair grounds on RIGHT. Green and white SCA signs will be posted from Adirondack Northway I-87.
|Site : Pre-registration rates apply only to reservations received prior to 6/16/2008.|
Non-Member Surcharge of $3.00 as applicable.
Day Fee (Adult): $9.00 pre-reg / $10.00 at-the-door
Day Fee (Child*): $4.00 pre-reg / $5.00 at-the-door
Day Fee (Family**): $26.00 pre-reg / $30.00 at-the-door
Weekend Fee (Adult): $18.00 pre-reg / $20.00 at-the-door
Weekend Fee (Child*): $9.00 pre-reg / $10.00 at-the-door
Weekend Fee (Family**): $54.00 pre-reg / $60.00 at-the-door
* Child is considered age 6 to 17; ages 5 and under are admitted free.
** Family rates apply to immediate legal family only, not SCA Households. This does not include your second cousin twice removed on your grandfather�s side, or your best friend Bob, even if he lives with you. Just the kids and parents. Please direct all questions regarding family rates to the Autocrat when you pre-register, as special consideration is only available at the Autocrat's discretion, and only to those who pre-register.
Make Checks Payable to: SCA, Inc. - Shire of Glenn Linn
Lady Ratburc Castus
m/k/a Jennifer Melchert
Send Reservations to:
NRWC XV Reservations
78 Queensbury Avenue
Queensbury, NY 12804
Please legibly include the following with your pre-registration:
* Name, mailing address, email address and evening phone number
* Appropriate site fee (see above)
* Member number for all SCA members
Remember that pre-registration does not sign you up for combat. All heavy fighters MUST check in with the MoL at the field and submit to an armor inspection.
Merchants, please pre-register so that you can be included in future updates to the site announcement!
Other Contact Information:
Valdimarr Thorbane mka Ralph Broadie
Northern Region War Camp Marshal-in-Charge/Heavy Marshal:
Lord Ketilfastr Thorkilson mka Jason Melchert
(518) 222-3762 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lord Seamus Maguidhir an Rua mka Pete Keenan
Omelan the Left
Hrelgar mka Chris Larsson