|Middleground VIII||Event date: May 19th, 2017 - May 21st, 2017|
|Hosted by Shire of Lyndhaven - Yoho, NB||Event Last Modified: November 9th, 2016|
|As the ice retreats from the easternmost shores of our lands and the black flies emerge from their winter slumber the good gentles of our fair East Kingdom meet again on this middle-ground in the Shire of Lyndhaven.|
The fighters will unsheathe their swords, arrows will fly, and bards will compose ballads to stir hearts to defend their cause. It is not a simple boundary dispute that brings us together. No, this is the conflict that tears apart families, divides friends, and crosses all borders.
On this fine weekend in May we will see two forces clash to once and forever determine the winner of that most divisive issue of all.
My good lords and ladies, we invite you to MIDDLEGROUND VIII – CAKE versus PIE!
Which side will crumble, and which side will taste sweet victory?
War Points will be awarded for:
– heavy combat
– thrown weapons
– winner of the entry-level A&S cooking competition
– all teachers of scheduled classes in the schola
– best performer at bardic night
Additional activities include:
– swainmote (court) of the Royal Foresters Guild
– loud auction Friday night
– opening night tournament
– dayboard and feast on Saturday (seating limited at feast!)
Site Opens: 2PM
Site Closes: 2PM
Event Website: http://lyndhaven.eastkingdom.org/2016/11/09/middleground-viii/
|Yoho Lake Scout Reserve|
3566 Route 640
Yoho, NB E6K 3B1
The event site is accessible per the East Kingdom Accessibility Porter's Checklist
1. From east or west, find your way to the Trans-Canada highway 2 in New Brunswick. Take exit 271.
2. At the end of the off ramp, head south on Mazerolle Settlement Road, towards NB-640. Drive 1.5 km.
3. At the end of the Mazerolle Settlement Road, turn right onto NB-640. Drive 10.5 km.
4. The driveway for the lodge is on the left, just after the Yoho Lake Road. Do NOT turn onto the Yoho Lake Road.
|Registration: Registration Fees (includes site fee and light mid-day fare on Saturday)|
Adult (19+): $18 *
Youth (6 to 18): $8
Child (5 and under): free
Feast: Feast Fees (includes site fee, light mid-day fare, and evening feast on Saturday)
Adult (19+): $28 *
Youth (6 to 18): $16
Child (5 and under): free
*Adult SCA members will receive a $5 member discount on these fees.
* All prices in Canadian dollars.
* Deadline for feast registrations is 8 May 2017
* U.S.A residents: please mail a cheque for onboard registrations but pay cash at the door. Your cheque will be returned to you when cash is received. This small effort on your part is very much appreciated!
Make Checks Payable to: SCA, Shire of Lyndhaven
Lady Doccia Vacha
mka Amy Lynn Nantel
506-645-8264 (phone or text)
Send Reservations to:
Amy Lynn Nantel
885 Mollins Dr.
Saint John, New Brunswick E2M 4L7