|Middleground VIII ||Event date: May 19th, 2017 - May 21st, 2017|
|Hosted by Shire of Lyndhaven - Yoho, NB||Event Last Modified: April 21st, 2017|
|As the ice retreats from the easternmost shores of our lands and the black flies emerge from their winter slumber the good gentles of our fair East Kingdom meet again on this middle-ground in the Shire of Lyndhaven.|
The fighters will unsheathe their swords, arrows will fly, and bards will compose ballads to stir hearts to defend their cause. It is not a simple boundary dispute that brings us together. No, this is the conflict that tears apart families, divides friends, and crosses all borders.
On this fine weekend in May we will see two forces clash to once and forever determine the winner of that most divisive issue of all.
My good lords and ladies, we invite you to MIDDLEGROUND VIII – CAKE versus PIE!
Which side will crumble, and which side will taste sweet victory?
War Points will be awarded for:
– heavy combat
– thrown weapons
– winner of the entry-level A&S cooking competition
– all teachers of scheduled classes in the schola
– best performer at bardic night
Additional activities include:
– swainmote (court) of the Royal Foresters Guild
– opening night Pas D'Arms tournament
- at least 1 royal round (archery) each day, plus challening themed shoots
- the event site is lakeside and the lake is considered "off site" however canoes and angling are allowed (anglers and paddlers must follow all provincial rules regarding their activity)
Site Opens: 2PM
Site Closes: 2PM
Event Website: http://lyndhaven.eastkingdom.org/2016/11/09/middleground-viii/
|Yoho Lake Scout Reserve|
3566 Route 640
Yoho, NB E6K 3B1
1. From east or west, find your way to the Trans-Canada highway 2 in New Brunswick. Take exit 271.
2. At the end of the off ramp, head south on Mazerolle Settlement Road, towards NB-640. Drive 1.5 km.
3. At the end of the Mazerolle Settlement Road, turn right onto NB-640. Drive 10.5 km.
4. The driveway for the lodge is on the left, just after the Yoho Lake Road. Do NOT turn onto the Yoho Lake Road.
|Registration: Registration Fees (includes site fee and light mid-day fare on Saturday)|
Adult (19+): $18 *
Youth (6 to 18): $8
Child (5 and under): free
* Adult SCA members will receive a $5 member discount on these fees.
All prices in Canadian dollars, American money at par.
Feast: No feast.
Make Checks Payable to: SCA, Shire of Lyndhaven
Lady Doccia Vacha
mka Amy Lynn Nantel
506-645-8264 (phone or text)
Send Reservations to:
Amy Lynn Nantel
885 Mollins Dr.
Saint John, New Brunswick E2M 4L7
Phone or Text: 506-645-8264