|Season's Beatings 3- It's Free! **New Date!** ||Event date: February 1st, 2014|
|Hosted by Crown Province of Ostgardr - Peekskill, NY||Event Last Modified: January 22nd, 2014|
|Once again the season is upon us to celebrate our patron, Saint Regiftus. The Crown Province of Ostgardr, and the Cantons of Broken Bridge, Lion's End, Northpass, Whyte Way, and the Shire of Nordenfjord are proud to be the Saint's chosen domain once again in this most festive time.|
Join us on Saturday, February 1st for a day of fine food, dancing, games, and general revelry for all, plus ferocious beatings for those that choose to compete.
- As is tradition, there will be a gift exchange. Saint Regiftus asks that all bring an offering of their unused and unwanted SCA related items from their homes to be redistributed amongst all that attend.
- Music and Dance are always pleasing to His Giftness, so space will be set aside just for this. You are also invited to bring your instruments or voice, and offer your talents for the populace to enjoy as you will.
- Merriment is always best served while eating with your fellow revelers. Saint Regiftus has asked that this season's meal be pot luck and that you bring enough for thee plus three (or more if you so desire. The site is wet.
- Silent Auction to benefit next year's Season's Beatings - donations of auction items requested please contact Lady Lada Monguligin at firstname.lastname@example.org with your donations
- Of course there can be no beatings without those willing to take a beating and those eager to dish one out. So there will be a heavy weapons tournament hosted by Our Viceroy, Sir Gui
- We will have thrown weapons run by Lord John the Bear so bring your sharp throwing bits to play with.
- We will even have indoor fencing!
- End the day with a short Court
An excellent time to make new friends, share the SCA with interested friends, and catch up with old ones, and spend a wonderful winter day. A warm fire and good company await you!
Site Opens: 10AM
Site Closes: 5PM
|Blue Mountain Trail Lodge-To Be Confirmed|
435 Welcher Avenue
Peekskill, NY 11213
Directions to Blue Mountain Trail Lodge:
From the south: Best route to Sprain Brook Parkway, which becomes Taconic State Parkway. After 2 miles, take New York 9A north. After 13 miles, enter Peekskill and take Welcher Ave. Exit. Turn right on Welcher, go up hill and into park. Bear left after guard booth to Lodge.
From the east: Best route to I-84. Just west of Brewster, take cloverleaf onto NY 312 towards Carmel (westbound). After 1.5 miles, turn right onto US 6 westbound. After about 22 miles, take cloverleaf onto US 9 south into Peekskill. After 1.2 miles, take Welcher Ave. Exit. Turn right on Welcher, go up hill and into park. Bear left after guard booth to Lodge.
From the west: Best route to I-84. Cross Hudson River at Newburgh/Beacon. After about 5 miles, take exit for US 9 southbound. Follow it for about 19 miles, then take the New York 9A/Welcher Ave. Exit towards Buchanan. At traffic signal, turn left, go up hill and straight into park. Bear left after guard booth to lodge.
From the north: Best route to I-87. At Newburgh, get onto I-84 east and see "from the west" above.
|Site : It's FREE with generous donations from Province of Osgardr, the Canton of Broken Bridge, the Canton Lion's End, the Canton of Northpass, and the Canton of Whyt Whey |
Feast: Your RSVP is your reservation, a head count is important, but walk-ins are welcome. Please indicate what you will be bringing to the pot-luck.*
*Note: please include an index card with name of dish and a list of all the ingredients. Thank you.
Make Checks Payable to: No $$-just bring food/drink and a gift
The autocrats for this event are Lady Lada Monguligin (mka Yevgeniya Pechenaya) email@example.com, Lady Sofya firstname.lastname@example.org (Maria Dedvukaj) and Lady Magdalena (Lavada Nahon)email@example.com
Send Reservations to:
RSVP's and food related questions to: Lady Magdelena Carminante (mka Lavada Nahon) firstname.lastname@example.org
Gold Key and other issues to: Lady Sofya (mka Maria Dedvikaj) at email@example.com
Other Contact Information:
Merchants are welcome. Merchants please contact Lady Sofya firstname.lastname@example.org (Maria Dedvukaj)