|River War - A new Beginning ||Event date: September 28th, 2012 - September 30th, 2012|
|Hosted by Barony of Iron Bog - Williamstown, NJ 08094, NJ||Event Last Modified: September 8th, 2012|
|As the weekend gets closer, We know what the Baronies have for us to be entertained with during these peaceful times. The Baronies have decided to have a bit of fun. With a small wager and bragging rights at stake-we have decided to hold this River War as a New Beginning. More like a beginning of war games. With that said all swords will be made for safety- Rapier blades will have blunt tips and all heavy weapons will be of a wooden material. Brave souls that will come to show support to the Barony of their choice are asked to help make the wager more interesting by bringing a small item for donation to be placed into a treasure chest that will be awarded to the Barony who scores the most points. The event steward will be starting the chest off with two bottles of mead. |
Activities that can be found at this event:
• Heavy and Rapier combats please note that 10:30 AM will be the kick off time to begin your fun. Please plan accordingly.
Please note that scenarios will play through several fields
• Archery and Thrown weapons marshals will be on hand to bring you interesting and unique targets.
• Equestrian: If you wish to bring your horse(s) to this event, please contact the equestrian marshal-in-charge prior to the event. All horses attending the event must have a current Coggins test, and horses traveling from outside New Jersey must have a current 30-day interstate health certificate, per SCA Equestrian regulations. Equine health paperwork can be transmitted to the marshal-in-charge (firstname.lastname@example.org -Baroness Doucette de Verdun) in advance via fax or email, or produced at the event prior to unloading the horse from the trailer. Sorry, no rental horses are currently available for this event.
• A & S Display-River Wars A NEW Beginning NEW being the operative word but -NEW- can mean different things. New can be something you have never done before, new can be something no one else has done, and new can be a start, as in a new project. That is the theme of the A & S Display. Decide which of those three definitions of the word -New- fits you and enter a display. Have you found some research you haven’t seen before about a project? Do a project and show off the research and the item. Have you always wanted to try a different arts or science? Now is a perfect time to try it and share your foray into a new discipline. Do you have a project that you need to start and keep putting it off? Now is a great time to start it and enter into the display what you have done so far. Please bring your project and why it says -NEW- to you and your research to back up the project to enter into our A & S -New- Display. Every entrance will earn points for the barony.
• Classes: Brewing, Scribal, Heraldry, Viking
• Bardic Competition: There is a stage what should we do with it? Perform any song, story, or poem appropriate to the SCA - original or period. Points will be given for each performance, extra points if you tie the piece to on the theme of "New Beginnings," and/or to one of the Baronies. The Barony with the most points at the end of the performance period will win! For question please email Mistress Linette at email@example.com)
• Subtlety competition: We invite you to bring a subtlety piece to be displayed through the day with the winner chosen by our Baron and Baroness during the feast. The subtlety can be edible or just a show piece item. If the item is edible a list of ingredients will be required. All subtlety items should have documentation of the inspiration of the piece, historical validation and how the piece was created by you versus how it might have been created in period. Subtlety items can be made by individuals or teams. Edible items should be offered up for the enjoyment of feast goers and non-edible subtlety items should be removed from the feast hall at the conclusion of the feast.
• Youth activities: Let the children play. Let the smile dance on their faces as you ask them to tell you about the day. These things you will know as truth for you to as a parent/guardian will be right there with them seeing their excitement.
• Food ***Please note that lunch will be done differently this year. Please see under feast fees for the change*** do you have ANY food allergies restriction please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
• Camping Rules: No ground fires outside of an approved fire pit. All fires must be attended and have properly filled fire buckets near the fire pit. Soon Firewood will be available, no cutting of live trees. No liquid fuel or liquid fuel devices.
• Motor vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas. If you have special needs please contact the site autocrat.
Site Opens: 9/28 4:30 pm
Site Closes: 9/30 3:00 pm
Event Website: http://www.ironbog.eastkingdom.org/riverwar-a-new-beginning.html
|Tall Pines Day Camp|
1349 Sykesville Road
Williamstown, NJ 08094, NJ 08094
FROM PHILADELPHIA/WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP:
Take the Atlantic City Expressway to Exit 38-Williamstown. Go South on Rt. 536 to Rt. 322. "Geets Diner" will be on the right. Turn left onto Rt. 322 East-Blackhorse Pike. Go to 3rd light and make a right onto Corkery Lane. "Wawa" will be on the right. Cross over Blue Bell Road. Go 1/8 mile to Sykesville Road. Turn left onto Sykesville Road and follow it until it ends.
FROM THE BEN FRANKLIN BRIDGE:
Take Rt. 676 south to Rt. 42. Follow directions from Philadelphia.
FROM THE ATLANTIC CITY AREA:
Take A.C. Expressway to Exit 38-Williamstown. Follow directions from Philadelphia.
Take Main Road-Rt. 555 to Blue Bell Road. Follow Blue Bell Road to Corkery Lane. Turn left onto Corkery Lane, go 1/8 mile to Sykesville Road, and turn left onto Sykesville Road.
FROM CHERRY HILL/VOORHEES:
Follow Rt. 295 south to Rt. 42. Follow directions from Philadelphia. Or follow signs for Rt. 73 south through Berlin Circle. After light at Jackson Road follow signs for Rt. 536 Spur (Williamstown/Glassboro) - Williamstown-New Freedom Road. Follow Rt. 536 Spur to Rt. 322. Make left onto Rt. 322 East (Blackhorse Pike) and follow directions from Philadelphia.
|Site : PLEASE PRE-REG NO LATER THEN Sept 9th (This will help us with a TRUE count for lunch - THERE WILL NOT BE AN OPEN DAY-BOARD)|
Fun for the day on Saturday: $10.00 adults, $5.00 young adults 17 and younger, Free 5 and under.
(**In a small attempt to keep the cost down day board will not be provided in the site fee. **)
Sleep the weekend under the stars (Camping): $6.00 for adults (** If you decide to stay the weekend there will be a small dinner Friday night and small breakfast Saturday morning**)
Weekend cost breakdown: One adult member - $29.00 for the weekend four meals and lots of fun enjoying your hobby with friends’
One young adult member- $13.00 for the weekend four meals and lots of fun enjoying your hobby with friends
Feast: Lunch: $3.00 (In a small attempt to save on food cost, site cost and less food to discard please PRE-REG by Sept9th if you do not Pre-reg for lunch you may be a very hungry as the day rolls onward. Lunch will only be served to those that Pre-Reg)
Feast: $10.00 adults, $5.00 young adult 17 and younger, Free 5 and under. (Please PRE-REG by Sept 9th there is limited seating for 64 and in the years past the feast has sold out)
Make Checks Payable to: SCA-NJ, Inc. Barony of Iron Bog
Lord Sterling De La Rosa
856 661 8087
Send Reservations to:
Lady Molly inghean ui Raighallaigh
MKA: Jean Bachen
209 Simpson Ave., National Park, NJ 08063
Phone number … 856-853-7554 (before 9pm please)
Other Contact Information:
As much as I love the non-human family members- Please no pets.
There are hot showers available
Please remove your empty glass bottles.
For those that are mobility challenged, the camp ground is fairly flat but very spacious; there is ample amount of walking. There are paths for motorized scooters to move around.
Attention Fighters and Fencers Express MoL check-in is in the works
Please remember to PRE REG and Pre reg for lunch